Review Section 114, Order -46
Review means re-examination or re-consideration of its own decision by the very same court.
(The decision of any court, any mistake or error in the order whether that method, fact or
procedure, is in relation to anyone).
Review is an important step to stop the plurality of the suit.
As per Section -114 Review
– Subject as aforesaid, any person considering himself
aggrieved— 1. By a decree or order from which an appeal is allowed by this code, but from
which no appeal has been preferred.
- 2.By a decree or order from which no appeal is allowed by this Code, or
- 3. By a decision on a reference form Court of Small Causes,
May apply for a review of judgment to the Court which passed the decree or made the order
thereon as it (fit.
Review can be done against the order-
The review can be against the order in which appeals can be made, but no appeal has been made.
If any order or decision has already been appealed against it, it will not be reviewed against it.
Ground of Review
- When a new and essential topic is known .
- It appears that there has been mistake or error regarding the method, fact, or process in order.
- Other any sufficient reason.
Review Related Case Study
Lily Thomas v/s Union of India on 5 April, 2000 (Supreme Court of India)
[news_box style=”1″ title=”Latest Post” link_target=”_blank” show_more=”on” header_background=”#a5a5a5″ header_text_color=”#380505″]
Other Legal Post
भारतीय दंड सहिता धारा 498-ए घरेलू (हिंसा और उत्पीडन )का दुरुपयोग
Sale obscene books and Obscenity near any public place is a criminal offense
General Information on First Information Report
In this article
- Act / Rules
- Civil Law-
- Latest Law News & Updates
- Law Article
- Law Judiciary
- 1908 and Judgment
- 2000 (Supreme Court of India)
- application for review of judgement
- application for review of order
- Ground of Review
- ily Thomas v/s Union of India
- Lily Thomas v/s Union of India
- Lily Thomas v/s Union of India on 5 April
- limitation for review
- Order -46
- Order -46 cpc
- Order -46 cpc 1908
- review in cpc Pakistan
- Review Related Case Study
- Review Section 114
- Review under Code of Civil Procedure
- scope of review petition
- Section -114 Review
- section 114 c p c pdf
- section 114 of cpc bare act