Difference between SDO and SDM
Difference between SDO and SDM– SDO and SDM are two legal terms that are often confused us to mean, it is generally believed that both the terms refer to one and the posts, Actually, Judge and Magistrate differ in more than one aspect, Let us13 study about this matter:-
Most Searches Articles
|DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEFT, ROBBERY, DACOITY||Difference between Tort and Crime|
|What is Difference between SDO and SDM ?||Differences between Magistrate and Judge|
SDO Full form is Sub Divisional Officer
SDM full form is Sub Divisional Magistrate
SDO uses power of “Land Revenue Code”(a) SDO post under a land revenue court and is a appealable Court.
SDO are revenue officer.
(b) Head of the Tehsildar
(c) SDO is the chief civil officer of the sub-division and One can be appointed in different departments of government like civil, electricity, engineering, water, (CPWD), central public works department Department of posts, MES (Military Engineering Services), etc.
| Magisterial functions: – |
SDM uses power of “CrPC”1. SDM exercise powers of Executive Magistrates. In this role they are responsible for operating preventive Sections of CrPC and maintain “Law and order”, and have powers to arrest of person .(according to section 44 of Criminal Procedure Code ).
2. SDM have powers that if there is being any conflicts between groups or any others reason, he can fire (aansu gas), and can do “laathi charge”.
Revenue functions: –1. SDM exercise powers for handle revenue cases, settlement operations of public land.
2. Head of revenue staff consisting of Girdavars, Revenue Inspectors and Patwaries Tehsildars and who are involved in field level revenue activities and mutations.
How to become SDO/SDM
|How to become SDO: – The employees of a department can be promoted to the post of SDO-Sub Divisional Officer based on their experience and performance. Besides this, the SDOs are also recruited by through PSC (Public Service Commission) exams. The minimum qualification required to appear in this exam is a graduation (bachelor degree) in the relevant field.||How to become SDM: – The SDM are also recruited by through UPSC Civil Services Exam exams (IAS). The minimum qualification required to appear in this exam is a graduation (bachelor degree) in the relevant field.|
कोचिंग सेवाओं के साथ माल की आपूर्ति /मुद्रित सामग्री/परीक्षण पत्र, यूनिफार्म, बैग पर जी.एस.टी- RAJASTHAN AUTHORITY FOR ADVANCE RULING GOODS AND SERVICES TAX Case Name : In re Symmetric Infrastructure Private Limited (GST AAR Rajasthan) Appeal Number : Advance Ruling... Read more
- Magazine on GST Update||जीएसटी अपडेट (हिन्दी)-मासिक पत्रिका E-Magazine on GST Update in Hindi or English
- GST E Magazine Subscription Hindi and English -Digital
- Extended Due Date for Income Tax Filing – and Tax Audit FY 2020-21
- जीएसटी अपडेट (हिन्दी) E-Magazine on GST Update in Hindi
- Good News: CBIC extends 3 due dates- Notification No. 32/33/34