Cash Transaction Limit:-
In budget (2017-18), the govt. of India has been passed through finance Act, 2017 and notified on 31-March-2017. On Rupees 2 lakh cash transaction limit have been provided in a new section in Income Tax Act as Section 269ST.
With effect from 1stapril-2017 A.Y-2018-19
Any person shall receive an amount of Rupees 2 lakh or more
- In aggregate from a person (Individual, HUF, Partnership Firm, Limited Liability Partnership, Public and Private Company, Trust, any person) in a day or
- In respect of a single transaction or
- In respect of transactions relating to one event or occasion from a person receives the amount
any person who Receive on to a transaction of Rupees 2 lakh or above in cash, will be liable to a penalty of an amount equivalent to the amount of transaction.
According to Section 269ST
After Income Tax Section 269SS of the income tax act the flowing section shall be inserted, namely
269SS, no person will receive 2 lakh rupees or more. This is following –
- In aggregate from a person (Individual, HUF, Partnership Firm, Limited Liability Partnership, Public and Private Company, Trust, any person) in a day: or
- In respect of a single transaction; or
- In respect of transactions relating to one event or occasion from a person,
Otherwise than by an account payee Cheque or an account payee bank draft or use of electronic clearing system through a bank account: Provided that the provisions f this section shall not apply to-
Any receipt by-
(ii) Any banking company , post office savings bank or co-operative bank;
(iii) Transactions of the nature refer in Income Tax Section 269SS
(iv) Any corporation established by a Central, State or Provincial Act;
(v) Any Government company as defined in clause (45)of section 2 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013);
(vi) Such other institution, association or body or class of institutions, associations or bodies which the Central Government may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, notify in this behalf in the Official Gazette:
Transaction of the nature referred to in section 269SS;Such other persons or class of persons or receipts, which the central government may, by notification in the official gazette, specify.
Explanation-for the purposes of this section,-
- Banking company- shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (1) of the explanation to section 269SS;
- Co-operative bank- shall have the same meaning as assigned to it in clause (2) of the explanation to section 269SS;
Examples of applicability of Section 269ST
(A) Example-1 -Section 269ST(Cash Received in a day):-
Mr. X buy an Furniture for cash worth Rupees 3,00,000.00, it is the Furniture Dealer Mr. Y who will have to pay the tax (penalty) of Rupees 3,00,000.00.
Effect On Mr. X has received the payment of Cash-3,00,000.00. this payment covered in Section 269ST even if cash payment above 2,00,000.00, The Assessing Authority can impose the 100% penalty of Rs. 3,00,000.00 under section 271DA.
(B) Example-2 (Single transaction):-
Mr. X sold goods to Mr. Y vide invoice no 15 of Rs. 5,00,000 dated 05.04.2017. Mr. Y made the payment as follows:
1,00,000 by NEFT on Dated 10-04-17
1,50,000 cash payment on Dated 18.04.17
1,00,000 Paid by Cheq. on Dated 25.04.17
1,50,000 Paid by bearer Cheq. Dated 26.04.2017
5,00,000.(Five Lakh Rupees Only) Total
Effect On Mr. X has received the payment of Cash-1,50,000.00+ Bearer Cheque-1,50,000.00 Total-3,00,000.00. this payment covered in Section 269ST even if cash payment/bearer Cheque payment above 2,00,000.00, The Assessing Authority can impose the 100% penalty of Rs. 3,00,000.00 under section 271DA.
(C) Example-3-Section 269ST (Single event or occasion):-
Mr. X married to Mrs. Y, and on married occasion, Relatives of Mr. X and Mrs. Y gifted cash worth amount- 3,00,000.00 on differed dates.
Effect On Mr. X and Mrs. Y has received the payment of Cash-3,00,000.00. this payment covered in Section 269ST even if cash payment above 2,00,000.00, The Assessing Authority can impose the 100% penalty of Rs. 3,00,000.00 under section 271DA.
Effected – Section 269SS Effected from 1stapril, 2017 (F.Y 2017-18)
Applicable – Section 269SS applicable to any person, Individual, HUF, Partnership Firm, Limited Liability Partnership, Public and Private Company, Trust. Etc.
Amount Receive more Than– Rupees 200000.00
Penalty – 100% of Amount Receipt (The said penalty shall however not be levied if the person proves that there were good and sufficient reasons for such contravention.)
Author, editors publishers, contributor are not responsible for the result of any action taken on the basis of this work, any error or omission to any person, whether a Viewing on site or not, It is suggested that to avoid any doubt should cross-check all the facts, law and contents of the publication with original government publication of Gazette notification, Act, Rule etc.
Other Post Related Tax:
- आपराधिक साजिश में शामिल होना भी कानून की नज़र में गुनाह है || Involved in any criminal conspiracy is the crime in eye of law | Section 120A ipc in hindi || Section 120B IPC in hindi - October 18, 2018
- IMPORTANT CASE LAWS ON SECTION 138 OF THE NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT ACT || CASE STUDY OF 138 OF NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT ACT - October 2, 2018
- “यदि बहू अपने सास ससुर का अपमान (गाली गलौज) करती है, व उन्हें घर में नहीं रहने देती है तो क्या ऐसा करना तलाक का आधार बन सकता है ?” - August 16, 2018
- ई-वे बिल में राज्य सरकार (राजस्थान) ने दी राहत || जॉब वर्क के लिए ई-वे बिल में राहत - August 7, 2018
- क्या 3 वर्ष से ज्यादा अवधि से बकाया चल रहे, क्रेडिटर्स (Creditors) के बैलेंस को आयकर अधिकारी द्वारा करदाता की आय में जोड़ा जा सकता है ? - August 2, 2018
- क्या लोक अदालत के फैसले के खिलाफ अपील की जा सकती है ? || Can a order of ‘Lok Adalat’ be challenged in appellate court ?||appeal against award of lok adalat - July 25, 2018
- Section 21 and 22 of The Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 - July 23, 2018
- GST Audit :Audit by tax Authorities || GST Audit - July 18, 2018
- जीएसटी में सक्षम अधिकारी के पास कर की वसूली के क्या तरीके उपलब्ध हैं? ||Recovery of GST - July 11, 2018
- सीजीएसटी अधिनियम के अंतर्गत संज्ञेय और गैर संज्ञेय अपराध क्या है ? || Cognizable and Non-Cognizable offence under GST Section ||132 of GST Act - July 4, 2018