Recommendations made during the 28th meeting of the GST Council held in New Delhi on 21st July, 2018
The GST Council in its 28th meeting held today at New Delhi has recommended certain amendments in the CGST Act, IGST Act, UTGST Act and the GST (Compensation to States) Act.
The major recommendations are as detailed below:- (28th meeting of gst council )
- Upper limit of turnover for opting for composition scheme to be raised from Rs. 1 crore to Rs. 1.5 crore. Present limit of turnover can now be raised on the recommendations of the Council. (GST composition scheme turnover limit)
- Composition dealers to be allowed to supply services (other than restaurant services), for up to a value not exceeding 10% of turnover in the preceding financial year, or Rs. 5 lakhs, whichever is higher.
- Levy of GST on reverse charge mechanism on receipt of supplies from unregistered suppliers, to be applicable to only specified goods in case of certain notified classes of registered persons, on the recommendations of the GST Council.
- The threshold exemption limit for registration in the States of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Sikkim and Uttarakhand to be increased to Rs. 20 Lakhs from Rs. 10 Lakhs.
- Taxpayers may opt for multiple registrations within a State/Union territory in respect of multiple places of business located within the same State/Union territory.
- Mandatory registration is required for only those e-commerce operators who are required to collect tax at source.
- Registration to remain temporarily suspended while cancellation of registration is under process, so that the taxpayer is relieved of continued compliance under the law.
- The following transactions to be treated as no supply (no tax payable) under Schedule III:
- Supply of goods from a place in the non-taxable territory to another place in the non-taxable territory without such goods entering into India;
- Supply of warehoused goods to any person before clearance for home consumption; and
- Supply of goods in case of high sea sales.
- Scope of input tax credit is being widened, and it would now be made available in respect of the following:
- Most of the activities or transactions specified in Schedule III;
- Motor vehicles for transportation of persons having seating capacity of more than thirteen (including driver), vessels and aircraft;
- Motor vehicles for transportation of money for or by a banking company or financial institution;
- Services of general insurance, repair and maintenance in respect of motor vehicles, vessels and aircraft on which credit is available; and
- Goods or services which are obligatory for an employer to provide to its employees, under any law for the time being in force.
- In case the recipient fails to pay the due amount to the supplier within 180 days from the date of issue of invoice, the input tax credit availed by the recipient will be reversed, but liability to pay interest is being done away with.
- Registered persons may issue consolidated credit/debit notes in respect of multiple invoices issued in a Financial Year.
- Amount of pre-deposit payable for filing of appeal before the Appellate Authority and the Appellate Tribunal to be capped at Rs. 25 Crores and Rs. 50 Crores, respectively.
- Commissioner to be empowered to extend the time limit for return of inputs and capital sent on job work, upto a period of one year and two years, respectively.
- Supply of services to qualify as exports, even if payment is received in Indian Rupees, where permitted by the RBI.
- Place of supply in case of job work of any treatment or process done on goods temporarily imported into India and then exported without putting them to any other use in India, to be outside India.
- Recovery can be made from distinct persons, even if present in different State/Union territories.
- The order of cross-utilisation of input tax credit is being rationalised.
- These amendments will now be placed before the Parliament and the legislature of State and Union territories with legislatures for carrying out the amendments in the respective GST Acts.
You can view it from this link : https://www.legaltaxguru.
- तलाक होने के बाद भी पत्नी का हक़ है गुजारा-भत्ता || Even after divorce the wife has the right to maintenance - January 11, 2019
- विक्रेता को भुगतान न करने पर रिवर्स करना होगा इनपुट टैक्स|| Reversal of Input Tax Credit if Payment not Made to Supplier - December 20, 2018
- क्या पत्नी को घर चलाने का खर्चा और उसकी निजी जरूरतों का खर्चा नहीं देना घरेलु हिंसा के अपराध की श्रेणी में आता है ? || Is not giving adequate money to the wife for her personal Exp and the money to run the household become a part of Domestic Violence? - December 2, 2018
- जीएसटी में कौनसे मामलो में 20 लाख से कम टर्नओवर होने पर भी पंजीकरण करना अनिवार्य है|| In which cases GST Registration is mandatory to if turnover less than 20 lakh ? - November 24, 2018
- पॉक्सो कानून पर संक्षिप्त विवरण नए संसोधन के साथ (Brief description on POCSO law with new amendment) - November 22, 2018
- अनुच्छेद 35A क्या है || अनुच्छेद 35A जम्मू कश्मीर को दिलाता है विशेष राज्य का अधिकार जो कि भारत के संविधान का एक अदृश्य हिस्सा है || Whats is Article 35A || Article 35A gives Jammu and Kashmir the right to a special state, which is an invisible part of the Constitution of India. - November 13, 2018
- क्या कोई हिन्दू व्यक्ति जीवन साथी के जीवित रहते दूसरा विवाह कर सकता है? || Can a hindu person marry another while living partner? - October 25, 2018
- क्या किसी दुसरे पुरुष की पत्नी के साथ नाजायज रिश्ता रखना अपराध है ? || Is it a crime to have an illegitimate relationship with another man’s wife? - October 20, 2018
- यदि कोई पुलिस अधिकारी किसी व्यक्ति को गिरफ्त्तार कर ले, तो इसकी जानकारी गिरफ्तार व्यक्ति के मित्र या रिश्तेदार को देनी चाहिए या नहीं?|| If a police officer arrested any person, it’s information should be given to the friend or relative of the arrested any person or not? || Police Procedure for arresting someone in India - October 11, 2018
- क्या आपराधिक मामलों की शिकायत करने की कोई समय सीमा निर्धारित है? यदि है तो क्या इसका कोई समाधान/अपवाद है? || Is there any certain deadline to file criminal complaint|| If there is any solution / exception to it - October 9, 2018