Audit by tax authorities|
Section 65 of CGST Act provide that the Audit by tax authorities.
- The Commissioner or any officer authorized by him, by way of a general or a specific order, may undertake audit of any registered person for such period, at such frequency and in such manner as may be prescribed.
- The officers referred to in sub-section (1) may conduct audit at the place of business of the registered person or in their office.
- The registered person shall be informed by way of a notice not less than fifteen working days prior to the conduct of audit in such manner as may be prescribed.
- The audit under sub-section (1) shall be completed within a period of three months from the date of commencement of the audit:
Provided that where the Commissioner is satisfied that audit in respect of such registered person cannot be completed within three months, he may, for the reasons to be recorded in writing, extend the period by a further period not exceeding six months.
Explanation.––For the purposes of this sub-section, the expression “commencement of audit” shall mean the date on which the records and other documents, called for by the tax authorities, are made available by the registered person or the actual institution of audit at the place of business, whichever is later.
- 5. During the course of audit, the authorized officer may require the registered person,—
(i) to afford him the necessary facility to verify the books of account or other documents as he may require;
(ii) to furnish such information as he may require and render assistance for timely completion of the audit.
6. On conclusion of audit, the proper officer shall, within 30 (thirty)days, inform the registered person, whose records are audited, about the findings, his rights and obligations and the reasons for such findings.
7. Where the audit conducted under sub-section (1) results in detection of tax not paid or short paid or erroneously refunded, or input tax credit wrongly availed or utilised, the proper officer may initiate action under section 73 or section 74.
- आपराधिक साजिश में शामिल होना भी कानून की नज़र में गुनाह है || Involved in any criminal conspiracy is the crime in eye of law | Section 120A ipc in hindi || Section 120B IPC in hindi - October 18, 2018
- IMPORTANT CASE LAWS ON SECTION 138 OF THE NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT ACT || CASE STUDY OF 138 OF NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT ACT - October 2, 2018
- “यदि बहू अपने सास ससुर का अपमान (गाली गलौज) करती है, व उन्हें घर में नहीं रहने देती है तो क्या ऐसा करना तलाक का आधार बन सकता है ?” - August 16, 2018
- ई-वे बिल में राज्य सरकार (राजस्थान) ने दी राहत || जॉब वर्क के लिए ई-वे बिल में राहत - August 7, 2018
- क्या 3 वर्ष से ज्यादा अवधि से बकाया चल रहे, क्रेडिटर्स (Creditors) के बैलेंस को आयकर अधिकारी द्वारा करदाता की आय में जोड़ा जा सकता है ? - August 2, 2018
- क्या लोक अदालत के फैसले के खिलाफ अपील की जा सकती है ? || Can a order of ‘Lok Adalat’ be challenged in appellate court ?||appeal against award of lok adalat - July 25, 2018
- Section 21 and 22 of The Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 - July 23, 2018
- GST Audit :Audit by tax Authorities || GST Audit - July 18, 2018
- जीएसटी में सक्षम अधिकारी के पास कर की वसूली के क्या तरीके उपलब्ध हैं? ||Recovery of GST - July 11, 2018
- सीजीएसटी अधिनियम के अंतर्गत संज्ञेय और गैर संज्ञेय अपराध क्या है ? || Cognizable and Non-Cognizable offence under GST Section ||132 of GST Act - July 4, 2018